Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lazy Moon Pizza Review

Oh wow, what a surprise. My poor little blog is getting neglected. The sad part is, I have 7 incomplete drafts just begging to be finished. Yet today I start a completely new one in the hope that it will actually get finished. Here it goes...

Old Location
Lazy Moon pizza was a small pizza place nestled in the corner of a strip mall frequented by kids from the college across the street. I never really liked the pizza there. The slices were massive but I always felt that they tasted like cardboard. However, my fiance loved the place so sometimes I would let him drag me out there with a promise of cheap pints of PBR. I don't remember when but probably around a year ago, the plaza where it was located was set to be torn down. They closed their doors and promised to re-open in a new location as soon as they could.

Earlier this year they made good on this promise. Just down the road the new location opened and the word on the street was that it was amazing. I heard rumors that the line would be out the door and it was hard to find a place to sit which is exactly why I never went back until last week. I had been wanting to give them another chance but there is nothing worse than a crowded restaurant to me. Social anxiety coupled with a hunger for pizza... you have a death wish if you are trying to put me into that situation.

caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms

ANYWAY we finally went and I have to say the new location is awesome. It's over twice the size, the staff is just as great, and the pizza tasted better. I don't know if they've changed the recipe (my fiance said it tasted "buttery-er") or if it was because I ordered my slice well done but I found myself actually enjoying my slice instead of tolerating it. And they had growlers of PBR for less than five bucks!

Said growler
The new location has converted me, and I will definitely be heading there for pizza and beer more often. And just like that, post completed! Until next time...

Lazy Moon Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment